En collaboration avec
USAID POWER TUNISIA IS LAUNCHING ITS GRANT PROGRAM #001
The USAID Power Tunisia Program is pleased to announce the launch of its inaugural grant program “Improving Access to Finance for Small-Scale Clean Energy Investments in Tunisia.” This Grant Program provides support to eligible private financial intermediaries in Tunisia (commercial banks and microfinance Institutions (MFIs)) to increase their lending to small and medium businesses (SMEs) for small-scale clean energy project Investments, thereby strengthening the capabilities of financial intermediaries in the country. Tunisian commercial banks and MFIs are invited to submit their applications for consideration to benefit from these grants.
- Expected Number of Awards: Not to exceed five (5) awardees
- Estimated Total Funding Amount: US $1,000,000
- Individual Award Ceiling: US $400,000
- Date Posted: November 20, 2023
- Closing Date for Applications: January 26, 2024 at 5pm (Tunisia Local Time)
- Deadline for questions submission to email@example.com: December 6, 2023 at 5pm (Tunisia Local Time)
- Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible to apply for and receive funding under Power Tunisia, potential Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The Applicant organization is a local private sector (non-governmental) organization legally registered in Tunisia.
- The Applicant organization's other relationships, associations, activities, and interests do not create a conflict of interest that could prevent full impartiality in implementation of the grant activities.
- All organizations doing business with the United States Federal Government are required to have a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) number. Recipients of grant awards of more than US $25,000 will be required to obtain a UEI number.
Specific eligibility criteria under this RFA:
- The Applicant organization must be a legally licensed lending institution in Tunisia.
- The Applicant organization must have at least five (5) years demonstrated experience in successful issuing loans in Tunisia.
- The Applicant organization must demonstrate that it has the necessary systems, structure, internal controls, and reporting capacity in place to issue and report on the loan portfolios effectively.
- The Applicant organization must have been in existence for more than five (5) years.
- The Applicant organization must have demonstrated experience in technical areas relevant to the Scope of Work or grant focus.
- The Applicant organization must have a minimum absorptive capacity and demonstrate the ability to manage a portfolio of loans in a sustainable manner.
- The Applicant organization must have a functional financial system to effectively manage the proposed volume of grant activity.
- Power Tunisia Request for Applications (RFA) and the corresponding application attachments are available in the Fluxx grants portal at: https://dgrants.fluxx.io
Please note that all applicants will need to register and create an account in Fluxx to submit an application in response to this Power Tunisia RFA. Explore our comprehensive online guide designed to assist you in the registration and application process through Fluxx:
If you have difficulty accessing the grants portal at https://dgrants.fluxx.io , please contact the Power Tunisia Grants Team at firstname.lastname@example.org